WEB DESIGN USING WORDPRESS
PART A-INSTALLING WORDPRESS
1. Purchase a domain name you wish to use
2. Select any preferable hosting plan of yours from different hosting companies such as hostmetro.com, godaddy.com, hostgator.com,etc With my experience on web design, I recommend hostmetro. to get a wordpress free domain, click here
3. After your domain name and hosting have been confirmed, log in to control panel by using the log in credentials that was sent to you.
4. Locate Softaculous in your Cpanel interface
5. Select WordPress and click on install when the next screen appears
Follow the on screen installation requirements
7. Select http://www. In the first drop down menu, if you have ssl certificate for your domain, you can select https://www.
8. Select the domain you want to install wordpress
9. Delete the (wp) inside the installation directory space and leave it empty
Leave other options the way they are (Database name and table prefix)
10. Enter the name of your site at the Site name box and enter the motto of your site, company or brand at the Site description
Note: The Site name and Site description can still be changed at the wordpress interface
11. Select your preferred username and login (This is different from the Cpanel username and password)
12. At the bottom of the page before clicking install, enter your email
address at the “email installation details to”
13. Click on install and your installation will start immediately.
14. Check your email for details of installation such as username and password and admin login link which will look like http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
The Next Article On WordPress will cover: WORKING WITH WORDPRESS INTERFACE